EHCAP Learning Community Sign Up
EHCAP is supporting professionals, volunteers, parents and young people who are seeking innovative and joined up ways of working together with a Learning Community where resources can be accessed easily and links made through a Whats App group. The trauma-informed informed MACE approach is modelled on research by Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University. The approach includes a 'Family Wellness Programme' which enables conversations that move away from the ‘identify and fix’ model toward a coaching model of ‘figuring out together what’s going on’ and building strengths and capabilities particularly in managing emotions.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic EHCAP has formed a group of coaches, counsellors, therapists and healers volunteering and supporting the e-learning modules for parents and families at www.parentsupportmatters.co.uk . There is an extra tick box to join this group.
- Professionals, volunteers and parents will need to pay a fee of £20 which will give free access to EHCAP resources for twelve months. After this time there will be an annual fee of £20. Young people under 25 and medical students can sign up for free. There is a bursary system which can be applied for and some of you will have a code provided.
Over the last 20 years we have begun to understand the complex interplay between genetics and environment and how chronic inflammation caused by toxic stress effects human development. Research has shown that Adverse Childhood Experiences are linked with altered brain architecture (resulting in difficulties with impulse control and problem solving) as well as higher risk of developing diabetes, ischaemic heart disease and severe obesity.
As founder of EHCAP my vision is to take this knowledge and awareness into communities and in addition to build skills and capabilities by sharing straight forward psycho education tools such as Dan Siegel’s Hand Model metaphor for emotion regulation and John Gottman’s Emotion Coaching relationship style.
Benefits of Signing Up and joining our learning community
- we will give you the option of using our on line Calendar to promote events you organise
- we will invite you to join a Whats App chat group with other people on our register
- we will provide access to on line video coaching at a discounted rate
- we will give you access to our online resources which are constantly updated
- we will host network meetings at a discounted rate
- with your permission we will in due course make the sign up visible on line using information you provide on this form. To update data you provide you will need to re submit this form and tick the data update only box in the payment section.
Very best wishes
Dr Sarah Temple MRCGP